Experienced Lawyers Handling Temporary R Visas For Religious Workers

At the Worcester and Newton Center offices of Tadmor & Tadmor, LLP, we represent individual and organizational clients throughout Massachusetts, around the United States and across the world.

Tadmor & Tadmor, LLP is led by two nationally recognized immigration attorneys, and our entire legal team focuses exclusively on practicing immigration law. Because we stay current on the constantly evolving nature of U.S. immigration, our clients can be confident that they are receiving up-to-date advice and thorough information about their visa petitions.

We handle almost all types of immigration work, including nonimmigrant and immigrant visas. We often file R visa petitions for religious workers who are planning to work in the United States temporarily.

For answers to questions about R visas or permanent visas for religious workers, contact Tadmor & Tadmor or contact us online.

The Process Of Securing R Visas

The U.S. government states that a “religious worker” must seek to enter the United States for the sole purpose of working as a minister of the denomination or in a professional or religious capacity in a religious vocation or occupation for the religious organization.

The petition requires substantial supporting documentation from both the religious organization and the individual worker, including but not limited to:

  • From the organization
    • Proof of tax-exempt status
    • Proof of compensation if the worker will receive payment
    • Proof of previous R-1 employment, if applying for an extension of the R-1visa
  • From the individual
    • Evidence of membership for the previous two years
    • Certificate of ordination, if working as a minister

Initial R-1 status will be granted for up to 30 months. The U.S. government may extend R-1 status for an additional 30 months but the total stay may not exceed five years.

Contact Us For More Information About R-1 Visas For Religious Workers

To contact a Massachusetts immigration lawyer at our law office in Newton Center and Worcester, call 508-791-9400. You may also contact us by email.

Our Two Office Locations In Newton, MA and Worcester, MA

American Immigration Lawyers Association | 1946 | Members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association