Handling L-1 Visas, Intra-Company Transfers And Starting U.S. Business Branches

At the Worcester and Newton Center locations of Tadmor & Tadmor, LLP, we are proud to offer professional and quality immigration law services to businesses and individuals seeking non-immigrant work status like the L-1 visa. From our office near Boston, we work with clients across the country and around the world.

We focus exclusively on practicing immigration law. This means that our clients are able to confidently rely on our experienced team of immigration lawyers for more than just assistance with paperwork. We can provide clear and practical analysis of the best visa options in your specific circumstances.

To discuss using L visas for intracompany transfers or to start a U.S. branch of a foreign business, contact us online.

L-1A Visas And L-1B Visas: Different Requirements

The L-1A visa is an intracompany transfer visa for foreign nationals who are executives or managers of U.S.-based companies. The L-1A is also available for foreign nationals who own foreign businesses and wish to open a branch in the United States.

The initial time limit for an L-1A for an executive or manager is three years, extendable to five years in total. The initial time limit for an L-1A visa for a foreign business owner is one year, also extendable to five years.

The L-1A category does not require a PERM labor certification in order to pursue a green card.

The L-1B visa is an intracompany transfer visa for “specialized knowledge professionals” who are foreign national employees of a U.S. company. The purpose of the L-1B visa is to allow the U.S. company to bring the employee to the United States to perform his or her specialized work. The L-1B visa is also available to “specialized knowledge workers” of foreign companies that do not yet have a United States branch. In these circumstances, the L-1B visa allows the company to send the specialized knowledge worker to the United States in order to set up a new branch of the foreign business.

This sub-category of the L-1 visa requires a PERM labor certification by the U.S. Department of Labor in order to pursue the green card.

Contact Us For More Information About L-1 Visas And Intracompany Transfers

To contact a Massachusetts immigration lawyer at our law office in Newton Center and Worcester, call 508-791-9400. You may also contact us by email.

Our Two Office Locations In Newton, MA and Worcester, MA

American Immigration Lawyers Association | 1946 | Members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association