Worcester And Newton Center Lawyers Handling EB-1 Visas For Outstanding Professors Or Researchers

EB-1 immigrant visas are also reserved for those who qualify as an “outstanding professor or researcher.” An EB-1 outstanding professor or researcher visa gives qualified professionals the opportunity to attain permanent residency. Like all other EB-1 visas, there is an advantage in not having to go through the time-consuming labor certification process.

However, the qualifications for an outstanding professor or researcher visa have high standards and require particular documentation of employment offers. The USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) requires “international recognition for your outstanding achievements in a particular academic field.” This includes at least three years of teaching or researching experience in that field.

The highly experienced EB-1 outstanding professor visa lawyers at Tadmor & Tadmor, LLP, can explain the qualifications required and help you through the application process. For more information or to schedule an initial consultation, contact us at our law offices in Newton Center and Worcester, Massachusetts. Call 508-791-9400.

Criterion For A EB-1 Outstanding Professor Visa

An individual seeking an EB-1 outstanding professor or researcher visa must provide documentation showing at least two out of the following criterion:

  • Recipient of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement
  • Membership in associations that require their members to demonstrate outstanding achievement
  • Published material in professional publications written by others about the applicant’s work in the academic field
  • Participated either on a panel or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or allied academic field
  • Original scientific or scholarly research contributions in the field
  • Author of scholarly books or articles (in scholarly journals with international circulation) in the field

This criteria can also be found on the USCIS website. In addition to meeting this, an applicant must have a U.S. offer of employment. The offer must be a tenure or tenure-track position.

Contact Our Knowledgeable Immigration Attorneys

To speak with an EB-1 outstanding professor or researcher visa attorney at Tadmor & Tadmor, call our law office in Newton Center and Worcester, Massachusetts, at 508-791-9400. If you are an employer or individual who has questions about a work visa/employment immigration matter, feel free to contact us by email.

Our Two Office Locations In Newton, MA and Worcester, MA

American Immigration Lawyers Association | 1946 | Members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association